Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Grove: Sunday Night Youth Group

I recently went to my first senior high youth group meeting, known as The Grove, and I am very impressed.

At The Rock, the junior high youth group meeting, we met at about 9:45 AM, but at The Grove, we start at 6 PM. This difference is actually quite important to me because I'm not a morning person at all, my mind is sharpest from about five to ten PM. The Grove meets right in the middle of that time, it's almost if it was planned that way; I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone told me it was.
A picture from The Rock's Winterblast event... this picture was probably taken after midnight.

The first night was mostly an introduction to The Grove, but that introduction also included a good section on how young adults can "set the example for an entire church", and a related section on how the members of a youth group control how good of a group it is. To quote Pastor Helton, "I control what is on the website... you control what kind of a youth group this is."

That part of the message really stuck in my head, because The Grove is a perfect example of why that statement is true, the people there really control the quality of the meeting time. I am glad to report the quality there is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Thank you for

Thank you for

Scrolling all the way

Scrolling all the way

To the bottom

To the bottom